COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wish list" or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and may also use that information to send marketing communications to your contact, unless he or she has previously opted out of marketing communications from Awra.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our website or transact business with us, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our website, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our website.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the U.S. Postal Service's national change of address database to verify and update mailing addresses.
USE OF INFORMATION
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
We may also use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your shopping experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Manage your online account and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may also share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS SERVICES
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of consent. We do not sell products for purchase by children and any children's products we may sell are for purchase by adults only.
YOUR OPT-OUT CHOICES
Online Account Information
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by contacting us below. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by opting out of promotional emails and text messages. To do so, follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our website. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website. In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, Awra will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on other websites operated by Awra. Note, however, that our third party advertising providers may continue to use information about your web viewing activities to tailor advertising to your interests across different websites even when you have Do Not Track enabled in your browser. For more information about how to opt out of ad targeting by our partners, see "advertising & analytics services" above.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Awra permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us below.
Attn: Compliance Department
P.O. Box 811693
Los Angeles, CA 90081
Last Updated: January 12, 2018.